The Authors are required to read the following guidelines pertaining to article submission carefully. This will help the editorial team to smoothly process an article with precision and without any doubts.
Before submitting your work, it is author(s) responsibility to check that the manuscript is complete, grammatically correct, and without spelling or typographical errors.
A few other important points:
- Give the journal aims and scope a final read. Is your manuscript definitely a good fit? If it isn’t, the editor may decline it without peer review.
- Does your manuscript comply with our Ethical Guidelines?
- Have you read our Policies?
- Have you followed all the formatting requirements laid out in these author guidelines?
- Does the manuscript contain any information that might help the reviewer identify you?
- This could compromise the blind peer review process. A few tips:
- If you need to refer to your own work, use wording such as ‘previous research has demonstrated’ not ‘our previous research has demonstrated’.
- If you need to refer to your own, currently unpublished work, don’t include this work in the reference list.
- Carry out a final check to ensure that no author names appear anywhere in the manuscript. This includes in figures or captions.
SIJMS accepts four types of articles: Original articles, Conceptual papers, Review papers, and Case Studies.
(A) ORIGINAL ARTICLES
The journal accepts original research articles in the field of management, social sciences and economics. Original Articles report the empirical findings of an original study performed by the authors. The kind of study may vary (it could have been an experiment, survey, interview, etc.), but in all cases, raw data have been collected/extracted and analyzed by the authors, and conclusions are drawn from the results of that analysis.
(B) CONCEPTUAL PAPERS
SIJMS accepts conceptual papers which provide readers with new and innovative perspectives on timely and relevant topics related to management and social sciences & economics. The papers category includes both philosophical and conceptual works and includes comprehensive literature reviews. Support for the ideas must be provided through related literature, and implications for research and practice must be addressed.
(C) REVIEW PAPERS
A review article or review paper is based on other published articles. It does not report original research. Review articles generally summarize the existing literature on a topic in an attempt to explain the current state of understanding on the topic. Review articles can be of three kinds:
- A narrative review explains the existing knowledge on a topic based on all the published research available on the topic.
- A systematic review searches for the answer to a particular question in the existing scientific literature on a topic.
- A meta-analysis compares and combines the findings of previously published studies, usually to assess the effectiveness of an intervention or mode of treatment.
(D) CASE STUDIES
SIJMS publishes factual teaching cases spanning the full spectrum of management and social sciences & economics disciplines. SIJMS is interested in exploring new types of cases that go beyond the conventional models. Cases utilizing innovative technology or twists on traditional formats are welcome.
- Article files should be provided in Microsoft Word format
- PDF’s are not acceptable.
- Articles should follow the APA format. For further reference please visit the following website: https://libguides.csudh.edu/citation/apa-7
- Articles should be between 5000-8000 words. This includes all text for references, all text in tables and appendices.
- Title of the article should be concisely worded.
NAMES OF AUTHORS
- The names of all contributing authors must be written in the paper before Abstract and after the article title.
- Correct and updated affiliation of all the authors must be mentioned in the paper.
- Only one affiliation per author is accepted.
- Author(s) with more than one affiliation should only mention the affiliation where the research was carried out.
- Abstract of the article should not be more than 200 words (excluding keywords)
- No sub-headings should be included in the abstract
- A submission should include 3-5 short keywords relevant to the research.
JEL CLASSIFICATION CODES
- Article should include 3-4 relevant JEL classification codes.
- Please visit the following link to find the relevant JEL codes: https://www.aeaweb.org/econlit/jelCodes.php?view=jel
- Headings must be concise, with a clear indication of the required hierarchy.
- The preferred format is for first level headings to be in capital letters and bold, and subsequent sub-headings to be in medium italics. (without any numbering)
- All figures (charts, diagrams, line drawings, webpages/screenshots, and photographic images) should be submitted electronically. Both color and black and white files are accepted. There are a few other important points to note:
- All figures should be supplied at the highest resolution/quality possible with numbers and text clearly legible.
- Acceptable format is jpeg.
- Electronic figures created in other applications should be supplied in their original formats and should also be either copied and pasted into a blank MS Word document.
- All figures and photographs should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals and have clear captions.
- All references should be in APA7 format. https://libguides.csudh.edu/citation/apa-7
In addition to the article(s) submitted, the editors may request additional materials which may also have been used as reference–including data, computation tables, diagrams, sources of crucial information—if they are considered as essential for judging the merits of the research article. Data and other requested material would be assessed confidentially by the editorial team. The editors must be notified in advance if such requests could not be met due to proprietary or other restrictions.
Article Processing Fee (APC): SIJMS does not charge any article processing fees.
Submission fee: SIJMS does charge any fee for submission.
Subscription fee: SIJMS does not demand the author to subscribe to the printed copies of the published journal. All the authors whose papers are published in the SIJMS journal can access the digital copy with an open access policy and two printed copies of issue containing published manuscript of author are sent to corresponding authors.
Waiver: SIJMS does not have any financial earnings. All the expenses pertaining to the journal’s management are managed by Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST).
Withdrawal Of Manuscript
The withdrawal of submitted manuscripts may be permitted by the editors only during the preliminary review (internal review process). SIJMS discourages withdrawal once authors are notified that their articles are under external review.